New PLF publication by Instituto de Investigación en Señales (Argentina). A pattern recognition approach for detecting and classifying jaw movements in grazing cattle
JO Chelotti, SR Vanrell, JR Galli, LL Giovanini… – Computers and Electronics …, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2017.12.013
· An intelligent algorithm for monitoring the livestock grazing behavior is presented.
· The three basic grazing events are detected and classified from acoustic signals.
· Several combinations of signal processing and machine learning methods are evaluated.
· Different adaptive filters are considered in order to remove trends in noisy signals.
· It achieves an improvement of 10% over existing methods at a low computational cost. Keith Hernandez Jersey