European Association for Precision Livestock Farming
Precision Livestock Farming is the “Management of livestock farming by automatic real-time monitoring/controlling of production/reproduction, health and welfare of livestock”
The mission of the non-profit organization is:
- to promote and coordinate research, meetings, exchanges of information and contributions to the field of PLF;
- to promote scientific progress, organizing training activities, providing educational materials and establishing guidelines aimed at the development and dissemniation of knowledeg related to PLF;
- to carry out activities in collaboration with other international private or public, inter-governmental, governmental or non-governmental organizations to achieve its objectives.
- to offer and maintain the Blueprint for farmers and researchers and e-course in PLF;
- to become the premier supporting organization for farmers and practitioners, enhancing visibility for supporting partners and sponsors companies of the field.
What to expect from EA-PLF?
- Promote international knowledge of Precision Livestock Farming (PLF),
- Organize congresses, refresher and trainings courses, conventions and meetings,
- Establish scholarships, competitions and awards,
- Encourage cultural exchanges and stimulate exchange programs with all countries,
- Carry out all other initiative that may be fit to contribute to scientific progress and to the improvement of the quality of Precision Livestock farming (PLF),
- Publish a newsletter and other communications for members on a regular basis,
- Establish a professional network.